41st Annual NCAVA Conference
Wednesday, May 13 – Friday, May 15
Hilton Riverside, Wilmington
Join the Cape Fear DOVIA Chapter as the host “Rollin’ on the River” in beautiful downtown Wilmington in May 2015! The charming Cape Fear River is a perfect backdrop for a vibrant and educational conference. In addition to its beautiful beaches, Wilmington offers a plethora of activities for individuals, couples, and families, including the Battleship North Carolina, the Fort Fisher Aquarium, the UNCW campus, tons of shopping and eating options, a historic downtown area, Screen Gems studios, and lots more. Wilmington will serve not only as a wonderful place to have a conference, but also provide a vacation-like experience! We hope that you can start your planning (and budgeting) now so that you are able to join us May 2015 as we learn together and enjoy the eastern shores of our great state!
Highlights from this year’s conference include:
- A Service Project on Wheels! – Take a ride in Wilmington’s open air trolley and visit local non profits!
- Foodies rejoice! Explore Downtown Wilmington with a few planned visits at a few of our locally favorite spots!
- Many interactive panels for attendees to participate!
- A special day rate for students to attend
- An inspiring and philosophical keynote from revered Washington Speakers Bureau presenter and author Tom Morris
- A lively spin on TED TALKS, giving presenters a full capacity room and attendees the opportunity to hear from a round robin of talented experts
- Widely regarded as an expert on volunteer management programs in the US, UNCW Professor Dr. Jeffrey Brudney is also in our entertaining speaker line up!
For additional information regarding hotel and conference fees, click here!
To register, go to http://www.ncava.net/
Need help with registration costs? Click here to apply for a scholarship. The board has decided to grant up to three scholarships. To be considered for the scholarship, applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Member in good standing of NCAVA
- Did not attend NCAVA sponsored state conference on volunteerism in 2013 or 2014 (new members are welcome to apply)
MARCH 16: Please join us in welcoming Tom Morris as the keynote to the NCAVA conference this May! With energy, humor, and deep insight presents The Art of Achievement in Times of Change. Register for the conference below! http://www.ncava.net/conference/2015-north-carolina-conference-on-volunteerism?timestamp=1425434891250
MARCH 23: At the 2015 NCAVA Conference in Wilmington, Eileen McConville welcomes new volunteer administrators in an open discussion – bring your questions! Learn about engaging both staff and volunteers as the room brainstorms effective strategies for managing challenging situations.
MARCH 30: NCAVA welcomes seasoned speaker Manny Lloyd to the 2015 conference in Wilmington. Lloyd grew up mostly homeless, served in the US Marine Corps, and has a ton of useful information pertaining to fighting cybercrime on a non-profit budget. Visit http://mwlconsulting.com/