43rd Statewide Conference & Annual Meeting
May 17-19, 2017 at Blue Ridge Assembly Ground, Black Mountain, NC
Mark your calendar now!
Registration begins March 6, 2017.
Can't beat these prices!
Members—Single room + Conference: $391
Members—Sharing room + Conference: $299
Members - Conference only: $200
Non Members—Single room + Conference: $416
Non Members—Sharing room + Conference: $324
Non Members - Conference only: $225
For all the conference details, be sure to visit this page frequently, like us on Facebook, and read the upcoming NCAVA newsletters and Bulletin Boards.
2017 Conference Registration Scholarship Application
Because of tremendous support of the 2016 raffle basket initiative, scholarships for the 2017 Statewide Conference on Volunteerism will be available to those that qualify. The available scholarships cover conference registration only…recipients will be responsible for their own travel and/or lodging expenses.
To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current NCAVA member in good standing.
- Have not attended the NCAVA statewide conference on volunteerism for the past two years (2015 or 2016). New members to NCAVA are encouraged to apply.
- Submit a completed application by March 15, 2017.
2017 Award Nominations
It is with pleasure the Board of Directors are seeking nominations for the 2017 leadership awards. Please read the criteria for each award category and submit nominations no later than April 15, 2017. Click on the red hyper-link to download the complete nomination form.
Volunteer Administrator of the Year: The NCAVA Volunteer Administrator of the Year award is annually presented to a current member:
- for earning the respect of both volunteers and professional colleagues
- for demonstrating effective leadership
- for managing available resources and
- for contributing to the profession of volunteer administration
Marsha Riddle Lifetime Achievement Award: The NCAVA Marsha Riddle Lifetime Achievement award is annually presented to a recipient (does not have to be an NCAVA member), who throughout his/her career:
- earned the respect of both volunteers and professional colleagues
- demonstrated exceptional leadership and
- significantly contributed to the profession of volunteer administration
Outstanding Affiliate of the Year: The NCAVA Outstanding Affiliate of the Year award is annually presented to a current member affiliate
- for providing quality service to the communities it represents
- for enhancing the professional image of volunteer administration
- for promoting volunteerism and the recognition of volunteers and
- for encouraging involvement in NCAVA